This online course is broken into two sections: mental health in adults and children & adolescent mental health. Upon completion, you can have a deep understanding of common mental health conditions, knowing how to identify symptoms and provide treatments. You will also gain skills and insights to become a successful practitioner in this complex, yet rewarding and fast-growing industry.
◐ Units of Study
- Nature and Scope of Mental Health
- Childhood Depression and possible impact into adolescence
- Anxiety Disorders (Separation, School phobias etc.)
- Tic Disorders (e.g. Tourette’s)
- Brain Disorders (Injury and Disease)
- Other Disorders (e.g. Motor disorders, Elimination disorders, Feeding & eating disorders etc.)
- Environmental Problems (Abuse & Neglect; Relationship problems)
- Problems of Adolescence (Anorexia, Bulimia, Substance use, Family conflict)
- Holistic and Alternative Approaches to Treatment
- Special Project (students choose a topic of interest)
- Introduction to Mental Health Issues
- Depression in Men and Women
- Anxiety, Phobias and OCD
- Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Helping Yourself in Mental Health Issues
- Services for Mental Health Issues
And more in-depth modules to help you become a recognised specialist in Community Mental Health.
◐ Employment Outcomes
- Social Service Worker and Case Worker
- Probations Officer and Corrections Treatment Facilitator
- Life Coach or Counsellor (grief, rehabilitation, addictions, academic / career, crisis)
- Mental Health Coordinator
- Family and Marriage Therapist
- Art and Music Therapist
- Child Care Worker
- Outreach and Community Support Officer
- Human Resources Manager
◐ About Course Provider
We cater to the upskiller, the side hustler, the returning to work mums and dads and those that just have a passion for learning.
Share this course with a friend or family member.
Get started with us today
Contact us for more information about how we can help you.